February 13, 2019 8:31 am

All Daycare and Preschool programs are running as usual today.

PLEASE NOTE:  Due to the weather and road conditions this week the Preschool field trip scheduled for this Friday has been cancelled and Infant Care Department's Valentine's Day party has been postponed until all the children can make it there safely.
**Please check back for updates**

image (604) 584-2311  Ext. 233
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
image Facebook

Child Care Subsidy

During your child's enrollment process Barb or Heather will help you wade through all the steps and paperwork involved in applying for Child Care Subsidy.  They have been doing it for years and will make it all seem straight-forward!

The Province of British Columbia is committed to helping families obtain affordable, accessible, safe, quality child care. Child Care Subsidy is a monthly payment to assist eligible British Columbia families with the cost of child care.

Monthly subsidy payments vary depending on your family’s circumstances. Your eligibility will be determined when your application and all supporting documents are received by the Child Care Subsidy Service Centre. You may be eligible to receive full or partial subsidy based on your family's circumstances.

In this section, you will find information on eligibility and how to apply, as well as information on rates and payments and the renewal process. There is also additional information available for Child Care Providers as well as a detailed FAQ for parents.

How To Apply

New and renewing applicants can use a Child Care Subsidy Application and the Child Care Subsidy Child Care Arrangement forms. To make the process easier, please use the Application Checklist.

  1. Complete one of the following two application forms:
    • Child Care Subsidy Application - Dynamic Fill and Print (CF2900) This form can be completed and saved on your computer. You can save the form at any time. Once complete, print the form and follow the directions on the last page to submit by fax or mail. If you are including your spouse on the application, your spouse must also sign the application form.
    • Child Care Subsidy Application (CF2900) This form must be printed and completed by hand. Follow the directions on the last page to submit by fax or mail.

  2. Child Care Subsidy Child Care Arrangement (CF2798) Your Child Care Provider must complete and sign their portion of the form.

    Forms are available by calling 1 888 338-6622 or can be obtained at a Child Care Resource and Referral office, a Service BC office, or an Immigrant Settlement Services Agency.

  3. You may also be required to complete the following supplementary forms (please see the Application Checklist for additional details):
  4. Mail or fax all the required documents to:

    Child Care Subsidy Service Centre
    PO Box 9953 Stn Prov Govt
    Victoria, BC V8W 9R3

    Fax: 1 877 544-0699

  5. After your application has been submitted:
    • The Child Care Subsidy Service Centre will review your application to determine if it is complete and whether you are eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy.
    • If eligible, you and your child care provider will receive an authorization in the mail describing the length of time and amount of Child Care subsidy you are eligible to receive.
    • If you are not eligible, you will receive a letter explaining the decision with further information on how you may request a review of this decision.

  6. If your circumstances change after you apply:
    • You must notify the Child Care Subsidy Service Centre immediately of any changes in your family circumstances such as employment, marital status, number of dependants, address, family income, and/or change of child care provider.
    • Failure to report changes is an offense under the Child Care Subsidy Act and may result in suspension of your Child Care Subsidy, recovery of fees paid on your behalf and/or legal action.
    • If you are not sure what changes to report, please contact the Child Care Subsidy Service Centre.

The Child Care Subsidy Service Centre will contact you if more information is needed.